BIBIMBAP SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
Red bell pepper
Shiitake mushrooms 100g
Bean sprouts 125g
Rice/ Quinoa 400g
- Cook your rice according to package instructions.
- Mix all of the bibimbap sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside until you’re ready to serve.
- Cutting the vegetables:
Red bell pepper: Deseed and cut into slices.
Courgette/zucchini: Cut in half, then cut lenght-wise into roughly 1cm slices. Cut into thicker julienne.
Carrot: Peel and repeat the same technique as with the courgette/zucchini.
Shiitake mushrooms: Cut of the stalks and cut into slices.
Cucumber: The same technique as the carrot and courgette/zucchini.
- Sauteing the vegetables.
*If you want to be fancy, you can sauté every vegetable seperately.
*If you don’t have the time or patience for this you could just sauté everything at once (starting with the carrot because it takes longer to soften).
*Sauté every vegetable, except for the cucumber, in a little bit of sesame oil until they are soft. This will take around 1 minute up to 5 minutes, depending on the vegetable of course.
- Once your rice is done, the vegetables are soft and the sauce is ready, you can start plating.
- Serve in a bowl, start with the rice and add as much vegetables as you like. Cut or rip up a nori sheet and sprinkle on top.
- Add as much sauce as you want and stir everything together.
– Recipe take from Eating Vegan With Me